• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 19 to 36 of 45
    1. #19
      Senior Member
      Anxious
       

      Little Princess's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5, 2006
      Posts
      117,461
      Blogs
      43
      This too.
      Quote Originally Posted by firenze View Post

      secondly, US/Europe/China/Russia .. err all the major powers have stake in the stability of Saudi Arabia not just because of oil but also Mecca/Medina and influence of Saudi's on ordinary Muslims as far as Brunei.

      From the Islamists point of view, its stable because of Land of Hejaz - wallah o alam
      If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
      Five things observe with care,
      To whom you speak,Of whom you speak,
      And how, and when, and where.

    2. #20
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Location
      Metropolis
      Posts
      48,415
      Blogs
      341
      Firenze, I dont think I agree with you. Saudi is a proper country, not a tribe like FATA.

      I've been to Saudi for Hajj only, so dont have enough exposure, but i sensed no fear, so i dont think that people dont commit crime because they are afraid, but because they dont see the need of it.
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    3. #21
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Location
      Metropolis
      Posts
      48,415
      Blogs
      341
      Quote Originally Posted by BarbieCue View Post
      Interesting:

      Attachment 16858

      wow, KSA is top Muslim country in this list and way above Japan, France and Germany.
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    4. #22
      Senior Member
      Anxious
       

      Little Princess's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5, 2006
      Posts
      117,461
      Blogs
      43
      Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
      Firenze, I dont think I agree with you. Saudi is a proper country, not a tribe like FATA.

      I've been to Saudi for Hajj only, so dont have enough exposure, but i sensed no fear, so i dont think that people dont commit crime because they are afraid, but because they dont see the need of it.
      We have crime here ,particularly in Makkah ,Jeddah & Madinah region ,But its not as much compared to other countries.
      If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
      Five things observe with care,
      To whom you speak,Of whom you speak,
      And how, and when, and where.

    5. #23
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      BarbieCue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 23, 2009
      Posts
      11,877
      Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
      wow, KSA is top Muslim country in this list and way above Japan, France and Germany.
      And Pakistan with a negative score...
      GS - It's all about enjoying the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

    6. #24
      Living In Paradigm..
      ----
       

      firenze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29, 2008
      Location
      Faisalabad
      Posts
      10,316
      Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
      Firenze, I dont think I agree with you. Saudi is a proper country, not a tribe like FATA.

      I've been to Saudi for Hajj only, so dont have enough exposure, but i sensed no fear, so i dont think that people dont commit crime because they are afraid, but because they dont see the need of it.
      i didn't mean that Saudi is a tribal like FATA. they are tribal in mentality and nature. For example the current ruling family belongs to Al-saud tribe with hundreds of thousand members all over Saudi. then there are Tameem, Otaibah & Shammar. Yaam which are mostly located in Najran area. Harbs which are the biggest in the Medinah and surroundings.

      Urbanization is over 85% thats why everything looked to us like not tribal, but the ruling elite and the very fabric of saudi society knitted together with tribes and house of al-saud have marital ties with nearly all the powerful tribes.
      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

    7. #25
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Location
      Metropolis
      Posts
      48,415
      Blogs
      341
      Quote Originally Posted by BarbieCue View Post
      And Pakistan with a negative score...
      relatively speaking, people in Rwanda live happier life than people in Pakistan
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    8. #26
      Living In Paradigm..
      ----
       

      firenze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29, 2008
      Location
      Faisalabad
      Posts
      10,316
      Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
      wow, KSA is top Muslim country in this list and way above Japan, France and Germany.
      this poll have very low credibility in my eyes because of Russia being lower then nearly rest of the world. yeh i believe that.
      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

    9. #27
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Location
      Metropolis
      Posts
      48,415
      Blogs
      341
      Quote Originally Posted by firenze View Post
      this poll have very low credibility in my eyes because of Russia being lower then nearly rest of the world. yeh i believe that.
      I noticed that too.

      another thing, it says data from 1995-2007, but it still has east and west germany shown as 2 diff countries.
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    10. #28
      Living In Paradigm..
      ----
       

      firenze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29, 2008
      Location
      Faisalabad
      Posts
      10,316
      cold war propaganda. ..
      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

    11. #29
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      BarbieCue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 23, 2009
      Posts
      11,877
      The Irish are always drunk so they're always happy hence the high score
      Deeba1234, Gaia and aaliyahkhan1 like this.
      GS - It's all about enjoying the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

    12. #30
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Location
      Metropolis
      Posts
      48,415
      Blogs
      341
      I still kind of believe the Pakistan rating though./
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    13. #31
      Living In Paradigm..
      ----
       

      firenze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29, 2008
      Location
      Faisalabad
      Posts
      10,316
      Quote Originally Posted by BarbieCue View Post
      The Irish are always drunk so they're always happy hence the high score
      french/italian drink more... russians are famous for drinking, i think average is over the top in the world for them. still they are not happy.
      Russians have the most beautiful women in the world. still they are not happy.

      abey kyun nahi ho happy...
      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

    14. #32
      _★★★★★_
      ----
       

      Zapatista's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2, 2009
      Location
      Chiapas
      Posts
      1,956
      Something is weird about this chart. Why is it mentioning West and East Germany separately? How old is the chart exactly?
      Last edited by Zapatista; Apr 27th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
      You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it. ~ Malcolm X

    15. #33
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Xtron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16, 2011
      Location
      Toronto, ON
      Posts
      3,055
      Blogs
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by firenze View Post
      one word tribal culture.

      remember in 80 & 90s FATA was the most peaceful area in the country regardless of all the halla-gulla in Afghanistan , but after the 2001 US attack it blown up because the tribal system of governce and Pashtunwali (the ancient code of life for Pashtun) was broken.

      secondly, US/Europe/China/Russia .. err all the major powers have stake in the stability of Saudi Arabia not just because of oil but also Mecca/Medina and influence of Saudi's on ordinary Muslims as far as Brunei.

      From the Islamists point of view, its stable because of Land of Hejaz - wallah o alam
      I grew up in Saudi Arabia and one thing i noticed was that the government and elite have restricted common citizens alot. But stil, people are in better condition there. But as increasing unrest in Bahrain..Saudi elite is increasingly concern about serious unrest in their country. And as firenze suggested..Muslims in general are in favour of peaceful saudia because of holy lands of Makkah and Medina. Talking about Makkah and Medina..i miss it alot!!
      "Jab sharafat ke kapray otartai hain tu sab se zyada maza shareefon ko hi ata hai"

    16. #34
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      psyah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4, 2007
      Posts
      9,983
      Blogs
      16
      Well for one thing ... Saudi's population density is far lower than the surrounding countries ...

      all countries of the world listed by lowest population density

      There is arguably less cause for unrest when the population density is so low ... Also, the media is under tight control in Saudi ... and any whisper is shut down quickly ... The Western media is also not that interested in kicking up a fuss about Saudi due to oil arrangements that are working for them.

      So I would say the truth of the matter lies somewhere in between .. it is wrong to say Saudi is necessarily so peaceful based on what we hear but at the same time it makes sense that a place like Saudi with a sparse population density and house to the two major holy cities of Islam makes it a prime candidate for being on ones best behaviour.
      The Prophet(SAW) said:
      "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

    17. #35
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Xtron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16, 2011
      Location
      Toronto, ON
      Posts
      3,055
      Blogs
      20
      ^Yap psyah got it right. The media is very tight and very tight security when comes down to internal security. I mean saudi Government is corrupt as well in their own way which Allah knows best. But life is much or less peaceful. Besides..i wouldn't want to live in Saudia anyway.
      "Jab sharafat ke kapray otartai hain tu sab se zyada maza shareefon ko hi ata hai"

    18. #36
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      sharaabee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12, 2010
      Posts
      2,613
      I'd say its because of their money.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    visitors found this page by using these recent terms: ... gathering stats