Results 1 to 1 of 1
May 5th, 2003, 06:29 AM #1----
- Join Date
- Jul 14, 2000
- relocation, relocation
- Post Thanks / Like
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
STUDENTS LOAN SCHEME
Pursuant to the announcement made by the Federal Finance Minister in his 2001-2002 budget speech, a STUDENTS LOAN SCHEME (SLS) for Education has been launched by the Government of Pakistan in collaboration with major commercial banks of Pakistan (NBP, HBL, UBL, MCB & ABL). Under the Scheme, financial assistance will be provided by way of Interest Free Loans to the meritorious students who do not have adequate financial means to pursue studies in Scientific, Technical and Professional education within Pakistan.
The Scheme will be administered by a high power committee comprising Deputy Governor, State Bank of Pakistan, Presidents of the commercial banks and Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan.
Ψ The objective of the Students Loan Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students of insufficient means who have obtained 70% marks in the last public examination and are unable to pursue their studies within Pakistan due to financial difficulties.
Ψ Loans under the scheme shall be granted to students who are nationals of Pakistan including Northern Areas, Federally Administered Tribal Areas and Azad Jammu and Kashmir and of age not exceeding 20 years for graduation, 30 years for post-graduation and 35 years for Ph.D.
Ψ Students Loan Scheme will be allowed only to those students who have been admitted to an approved Universities/affiliated Colleges.
1) Karachi University, Karachi.
2) N.E.D University, Karachi.
3) Mehran University College of Engineering & Technology Nawabshah.
4) Mehran University College of Engineering & Technology Jamshoro.
5) Sindh Agriculture University Tando Jam.
6) Sindh University, Jamshoro
7) Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur.
1) Dow Medical College, Karachi.
2) Sindh Medical College, Karachi.
3) Karachi Medical & Dental College, Karachi.
4) Jinnah Post Medical Centre, (Physiotherapy), Karachi.
5) Liaquat Medical College, Jamshoro
6) Peoples Medical College, Nawabshah
7) Chandka Medical College, Larkana.
1) Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad
2) International Islamic University, Islamabad
3) University Engineering & Technology, Taxila
4) Punjab University, Lahore.
5) University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
6) Agriculture University, Faisalabad
7) Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
8) Islamia University, Bahawalpur
9) Fatima Jinnah Womens University, Rawalpindi.
1) King Edward Medical College, Lahore
2) Nishtar Medical College, Multan
3) Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur
NORTH WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE
1) Peshawar University, Peshawar.
2) University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
3) N.W.F.P University of Agriculture, Peshawar
4) Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan
1) Khyber Medical College, Peshawar
2) Khyber College of Dentistry Peshawar
3) Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad
1) University of Balochistan, Quetta.
2) Balochistan University of Engineering & Technology, Khuzdar
1) Bolan Medical College, Quetta.
1. University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad, A.K
2. University of Engineering & Technology, Mirpur A.K
3. University of Agriculture Rawalkot, A.K.
Under the Scheme, loans will be available in the following subject.
iii) Oil Gas & Petro Chemical Technology
vii) Chemistry & Biochemistry.
viii) Biology Molecular Biology & Genetics
x) Other Natural Sciences
xi) DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL..M Sharia)
xii) Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware.
xiii) Economics, Statistics and Econometrics
xiv) Business/ Management Sciences
The facility under this Scheme shall be restricted to the studies in the above-mentioned subjects only or such other subjects as may be approved by the Apex Committee from time to time.
The amount of loans under the Scheme shall cover the cost of tuition fee, books and boarding for the entire duration. The amount of loan shall be disbursed directly to the concerned Universities/Colleges.
The student has to provide evidence of financial standing of the parents/guardian who is supporting him or her.
Candidates desirous of availing loan under the Scheme may apply on prescribed Form for financial assistance subject to he or she has got admission on merit through normal procedure in the Colleges/Universities afore-mentioned. Applications are to be sent/submitted to Mr. Muhammad Riaz Khokhar, Executive Vice President, Students Loan Scheme Wing, Credit Group, National Bank of Pakistan Head Office, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi.