• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 18 of 53
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Mar 24, 2004
      Posts
      45
      i want to know the origin and history of malik awans ..plz anyone can tell me abt it

    2. #2
      Member
      ----
       

      meeni's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3, 2004
      Posts
      496
      i used to be one!

    3. #3
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 9, 1999
      Posts
      2,528
      It depends what kind of malik awan you are. I am Qutub Shahi and we are decendants of Hazrat Ali (but we are not Syeds).
      mickeymouse and Malikimti like this.
      Pakistan Zindabad

    4. #4
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Puchi Kuchi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14, 2004
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      1,655
      Blogs
      5
      Yeah i am also Qutb shai awan. Whatever that means. I don't know much, but the background is landlords or zameendars.

    5. #5
      Banned
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Nov 7, 2004
      Posts
      337
      As far as I know they did a linage trace on awans and they turned out to have a linkage with Pashtuns/Afghans.

      A lot of Sayeds/Bukharis/Arabs came through Afghanistan to spread Islam. When they came to Afghanistan and the area of Bulkh, they adapted and intermarried, then they moved on to the northern areas of Pakistan, from there to India, and from there further down.

      Most of them were not fighters or anything; they were just traders by profession though their objective was to spread Islam. Yet a lot of them who settled in the northern areas did lead major fights against Maharatas, Rajputs, Sikhs and the British.

    6. #6
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      iori yagami's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 25, 2004
      Posts
      575
      Blogs
      13
      hmm im malik awan too but i dono what kind ...

    7. #7
      Member
      ----
       

      meeni's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3, 2004
      Posts
      496
      iori yagami is that actually yr family name

    8. #8
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 9, 1999
      Posts
      2,528
      Quote Originally Posted by Puchi Kuchi
      Yeah i am also Qutb shai awan. Whatever that means. I don't know much, but the background is landlords or zameendars.
      Wow so we are distant relatives. As far as I know Qutub Shah was some religious figure that was in Iraq for a little bit and then came to Pakistan. My ancestors were settled close to Terbela and then one of the brothers decided that the air is not that good there so he started walking and ended up close to Mansehra-Abbottabad about 300 years ago. Since then we are there.
      Pakistan Zindabad

    9. #9
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 13, 2004
      Posts
      1,128
      Quote Originally Posted by Logo
      As far as I know they did a linage trace on awans and they turned out to have a linkage with Pashtuns/Afghans.

      A lot of Sayeds/Bukharis/Arabs came through Afghanistan to spread Islam. When they came to Afghanistan and the area of Bulkh, they adapted and intermarried, then they moved on to the northern areas of Pakistan, from there to India, and from there further down.

      Most of them were not fighters or anything; they were just traders by profession though their objective was to spread Islam. Yet a lot of them who settled in the northern areas did lead major fights against Maharatas, Rajputs, Sikhs and the British.
      There's theories that the original Hindu Rajputs were the same stock as Afghans/Pashtuns too but these are just baseless theories, I know plenty of Awans and none talk of affiliation with Afghans, not everyone who came through the Khyber pass was ethnically Pashtun/Pukhtoon (ethnic Afghan).

    10. #10
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Shak killS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25, 2001
      Location
      London & Lahore
      Posts
      3,438
      i thought Awans is one clan of rajputs.
      I am also a qutab shahi but a Khokhar Rajput.

    11. #11
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Puchi Kuchi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14, 2004
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      1,655
      Blogs
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by proudpakistani
      Wow so we are distant relatives. As far as I know Qutub Shah was some religious figure that was in Iraq for a little bit and then came to Pakistan. My ancestors were settled close to Terbela and then one of the brothers decided that the air is not that good there so he started walking and ended up close to Mansehra-Abbottabad about 300 years ago. Since then we are there.

      Yeah I suppose we are distant relatives As for my family, they settled near the Khewra and Chakwaal areas, you find many Awans there.

    12. #12
      Banned
      ----
       

      Afshi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21, 2004
      Location
      GTA
      Posts
      4,148
      Blogs
      617
      also one of the many malik awans..my family is settled by the kalar kahar area...ever hear of soon valley?

    13. #13
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Puchi Kuchi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14, 2004
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      1,655
      Blogs
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by mfs555
      also one of the many malik awans..my family is settled by the kalar kahar area...ever hear of soon valley?
      wow very near to my forefathers place......

    14. #14
      Banned
      ----
       

      Afshi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21, 2004
      Location
      GTA
      Posts
      4,148
      Blogs
      617
      where are ur forefathers located?

    15. #15
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Puchi Kuchi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14, 2004
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      1,655
      Blogs
      5
      very near to choa near 10 mins away

    16. #16
      Banned
      ----
       

      Afshi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21, 2004
      Location
      GTA
      Posts
      4,148
      Blogs
      617
      whats choa? a villlage? my actually village is like a 30-45 min drive from khushab...right up in the big hills..valley, actually....my friends call me teh "valley girl"...like ohmagod!! lol....

    17. #17
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 25, 2001
      Posts
      2,195
      Blogs
      145
      Im a malik awan, from Naushehra near Khushab and Kheorah (salt ranges).

      My wife (SarahSplendor on GS) is a malik awan. She's from near Khushab but not in the salt ranges.

      Dont know what types of awan we are though
      Quran: And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy. [3:132]
      Prophet (sallAllaahu Γ’β‚¬Λœalayhi wa sallam) said: Whosoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day,then let him speak good or remain silent

    18. #18
      Banned
      ----
       

      Afshi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21, 2004
      Location
      GTA
      Posts
      4,148
      Blogs
      617
      ^ yes i know where Naushera is...only 10 minutes from my village (khura)...is your wife from Jaurabad???

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    visitors found this page by using these recent terms: history of malik awan cast,  malik awan history in urdu,  malik awan cast in pakistan,  malik caste,  awan history in urdu,  awan cast history in urdu,  history of malik cast,  history of malik cast in urdu,  soon valley khura,  awan malik,  malik awan cast,  history of awan family in urdu,  malik history in urdu,  malik awan history,  khokhar cast history in urdu,  http:www.paklinks.comgsculture-literature-and-linguistics181310-history-of-malik-awans.html,  malik awan,  malik cast history,  awan cast history,  history of awan in urdu,  history of maliks,  history of malik awan,  history of awan cast in urdu,  qutub shahi awan family tree,  awan malik history