• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • User Tag List

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 18 of 34
    1. #1
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      How much both the cultures are different from eachother?

      Do the cultures got different and well defined identities? If yes, why we hear that Indian media is affecting Pakistani culture?

    2. #2
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      babloos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2010
      Posts
      1,958
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      India has got so many cultures to begin with

      most of the northern and western parts of india (which occupies majority of indian population) have common culture with pakistani side..
      most of the family system is same for entire subcontinent,role of parents even after marriage such things are common in this parts

    3. #3
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by babloos View Post
      India has got so many cultures to begin with

      most of the northern and western parts of india (which occupies majority of indian population) have common culture with pakistani side..
      most of the family system is same for entire subcontinent,role of parents even after marriage such things are common in this parts
      Then why both countries got fear of cultural invasion?

    4. #4
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      babloos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2010
      Posts
      1,958
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      ^^

      i dunno about pakistan..
      we got lot of criticism for influence of western culture but never heard about pakistan

    5. #5
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Western culture is also criticised in Pakistan, but easily adapted compared to Indian culture. People show more concern when there children speak some Hindi words than when the same children dance on western pop songs.

    6. #6
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      May 17, 2011
      Posts
      911
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Pakistani and North Indian culture has more in common than North Indian and other parts of India. Western culture is criticized in India because all that many of the youth try to emulate are worthless things like clothes, manner of speech (not the refined part) and neglect the important aspects of western culture like hard work, compassion and community service. For all the chest thumping and drum beating about how better our culture is when compared to the west's, I have experienced that attitude to all humans irrespective of gender or religion is better in the west today than the subcontinent. I also like the way the community and neighbourhoods in the west come together and help each other during difficult times like natural disasters and catastrophes. I don't think that happens a lot in the subcontinent.
      babloos likes this.

    7. #7
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      May 17, 2011
      Posts
      911
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by muqawwee123 View Post
      Western culture is also criticised in Pakistan, but easily adapted compared to Indian culture. People show more concern when there children speak some Hindi words than when the same children dance on western pop songs.
      Take into consideration, the history that led to the birth of our countries and the relationship between the 2 since then. The west is far away but India is not going anywhere and is right next door, so I think people feel that this threat is real and are more concerned.

    8. #8
      STA
      STA is offline
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 24, 2006
      Location
      zameen par
      Posts
      21,497
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      muqa bhai: ridhima armaan are effecting on young and innocent minds of our girls.
      and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
      [25:74]

    9. #9
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by calypsodc View Post
      Pakistani and North Indian culture has more in common than North Indian and other parts of India. Western culture is criticized in India because all that many of the youth try to emulate are worthless things like clothes, manner of speech (not the refined part) and neglect the important aspects of western culture like hard work, compassion and community service. For all the chest thumping and drum beating about how better our culture is when compared to the west's, I have experienced that attitude to all humans irrespective of gender or religion is better in the west today than the subcontinent. I also like the way the community and neighbourhoods in the west come together and help each other during difficult times like natural disasters and catastrophes. I don't think that happens a lot in the subcontinent.
      Agree that concepts like community welfare are gradually becoming extinct in eastern society, but latest floods and eartquake in Pakistan showed that there are some people who still follow these things according to their status.

    10. #10
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by calypsodc View Post
      Take into consideration, the history that led to the birth of our countries and the relationship between the 2 since then. The west is far away but India is not going anywhere and is right next door, so I think people feel that this threat is real and are more concerned.
      May be, but there are many traditions common irrespective of the religion between communities like Punjabis and Sindhis.

    11. #11
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by STA View Post
      muqa bhai: ridhima armaan are effecting on young and innocent minds of our girls.
      Who are they? Any characters from Ekta Kapoor's soaps?

    12. #12
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      May 17, 2011
      Posts
      911
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by muqawwee123 View Post
      May be, but there are many traditions common irrespective of the religion between communities like Punjabis and Sindhis.
      The people are also at fault since many do not differentiate cultural practices with religion and are worried that their kids may be adopting religious practice of another religion. Did we not have a discussion here about baby showers recently and how it was not islamic etc ? There in lies the problem.

    13. #13
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by calypsodc View Post
      The people are also at fault since many do not differentiate cultural practices with religion and are worried that their kids may be adopting religious practice of another religion. Did we not have a discussion here about baby showers recently and how it was not islamic etc ? There in lies the problem.
      You are right, people got very fragile beliefs which are affected by small things. People think that religion forbids for being happy

    14. #14
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Posts
      50,263
      Blogs
      352
      Mentioned
      89 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      By Indian culture, I am assuming what has been presented in Indian showbiz industry.

      If someone gets influenced by the sho-shaa of showbiz, then its the indication of weak mind. In 1990's 'Friends' character Rachael Green influenced 1 million people to get a hair cut like hers. In Pakistan back in 60's and 70's, younger guys were crazy about Waheed Murad's haircut. Same with Dilip Kumar and now Sharukhan Khan. As long as people are only following the fashion trends and style from showbiz, its ok. BUt if we start changing our customs and tradition based on what we saw in 'dil waley dulhania le jaain ge' then there is something very very wrong.

      In last decade I noticed a practice, that our wedding ceremonies are heavily influenced by Marigold (gainday ka phool) than Rose (Gulab ka phool). That made me sad. What is wrong with Gulab ka phool that we are ditching it for gainday ka phool?
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    15. #15
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
      By Indian culture, I am assuming what has been presented in Indian showbiz industry.

      If someone gets influenced by the sho-shaa of showbiz, then its the indication of weak mind. In 1990's 'Friends' character Rachael Green influenced 1 million people to get a hair cut like hers. In Pakistan back in 60's and 70's, younger guys were crazy about Waheed Murad's haircut. Same with Dilip Kumar and now Sharukhan Khan. As long as people are only following the fashion trends and style from showbiz, its ok. BUt if we start changing our customs and tradition based on what we saw in 'dil waley dulhania le jaain ge' then there is something very very wrong.

      In last decade I noticed a practice, that our wedding ceremonies are heavily influenced by Marigold (gainday ka phool) than Rose (Gulab ka phool). That made me sad. What is wrong with Gulab ka phool that we are ditching it for gainday ka phool?
      Yes TLK the major source for known each others culture is show-biz. I remember there was some traditions in Sindhi people which were common between Hindus and Muslims, but after the advent of Indian channels, I see people performing Indian traditions in their marriages here in Pakistan, which most of the time leave bad taste and fakeness.

    16. #16
      Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Nov 4, 2006
      Posts
      484
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I think right now we can hardly tell of a difference between the cultures of India and Pakistan but I believe that because of the way the socio-political climate of each country is developing in the next decade or so we are going to see a bit of a difference in both cultures of the countries. However, if we take into account the hold that Indian movies and TV-shows have on the Pakistani audience than if anything the similarities are only going to grow. As someone said that whether we like it or not showbiz affects us subconcioulsy so it is inevitable that we(society) model our morals and ethics on those principles promoted in Bollywood movies today.
      You must know where you are coming from inorder to know where you are going!

    17. #17
      Channel Manager Arts & Culture
      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      97,520
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      223 Post(s)
      Tagged
      15 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by rari389 View Post
      I think right now we can hardly tell of a difference between the cultures of India and Pakistan but I believe that because of the way the socio-political climate of each country is developing in the next decade or so we are going to see a bit of a difference in both cultures of the countries. However, if we take into account the hold that Indian movies and TV-shows have on the Pakistani audience than if anything the similarities are only going to grow. As someone said that whether we like it or not showbiz affects us subconcioulsy so it is inevitable that we(society) model our morals and ethics on those principles promoted in Bollywood movies today.
      Do bollywood movies have any ethics and morals?

      I would like to know Moral of the story behind the song: Munni badnaam hui darling tere liye

      The sweetness of this life lies in remembering Him, the sweetness of the next life lies in seeing Him!


    18. #18
      Senior Member
      Accomplished
       

      the kaur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 1, 2010
      Location
      delhi-9
      Posts
      2,987
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by rari389 View Post
      I think right now we can hardly tell of a difference between the cultures of India and Pakistan but I believe that because of the way the socio-political climate of each country is developing in the next decade or so we are going to see a bit of a difference in both cultures of the countries. However, if we take into account the hold that Indian movies and TV-shows have on the Pakistani audience than if anything the similarities are only going to grow. As someone said that whether we like it or not showbiz affects us subconcioulsy so it is inevitable that we(society) model our morals and ethics on those principles promoted in Bollywood movies today.
      i will beleive that cultural differece have widened when punjabees on both side of border will start abusing each other in mutually unintelligible gaalis

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast