• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • User Tag List

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 18 of 32
    1. #1
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jul 27, 2005
      Posts
      7,384
      Blogs
      108
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Where is he? he is not to be seen anywhere on media. I understand he is not particularly admired for his "Islamic modernism" but he use to come on tv quite often earlier. Am i just missing his shows or he is gone somewhere or something. Please fill me in.

    2. #2
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Posts
      50,159
      Blogs
      351
      Mentioned
      84 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Could it be that Ghamdi was a puppet used by Musharraf to promote Musharraf's version of modern Islam and when Mushi baba is gone, so does that version of Islam and Mr Ghamdi too.
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    3. #3
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jul 27, 2005
      Posts
      7,384
      Blogs
      108
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I don't know, you tell me?

      I personally don't think Ghamdi came out with a new version of Islam, it was just that his way of looking at it was different and perhaps relevant to this time and age. Hard for alot of people to accept but funnily enough what they follow in life is alot more 'modern' Islam and in some cases i am not sure even if its Islam at all.
      Last edited by Maham; Sep 7th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

    4. #4
      Fester Addams
      ----
       

      clad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28, 2010
      Location
      HOUSE
      Posts
      3,259
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I dont think so !

      I saw that piece of crap (GHAMDI) few weeks ago but If he was a puppet of MUSH then I hate MUSH as much as I hate Ghamdi,

      Ghamdi was teaching a Mazhab Of Ghulam Ahmed Parwez

      They do not USE any Aalims Tashree any Hadith any Tafseer to Understand Quran Any one can make tashree by reading THE BOOK so I read the Quran with meanings and Make my own Tafseer .

      Munkir-e-Azab-e-Qabar ,

      Munkir-e-Hadith-e-Rasool

      Munkir-e-Sunat-e-Rasool

      Munkir-e-SHariat-e-Muhammad

      Munkir of all the Sunni or Shiaa Imamz

      Munkir of etc etc
      If you want to know more about this Fitna read a book called AINA_E_PARWAZIAT

    5. #5
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jul 27, 2005
      Posts
      7,384
      Blogs
      108
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Mind your language.

      You can disagree with him or his point of view but that doesnt give you the right to address him in such a cheap manner. Not only is he alot older than you but also someone alot of us respect.

    6. #6
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Iconoclast's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30, 2004
      Posts
      13,758
      Blogs
      85
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      From whatever i have heard him, he does not go as far as Ghulam Ahmed Perveiz or the Quranites.
      Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.

    7. #7
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Bulld0zer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14, 2009
      Location
      Abbottabad
      Posts
      1,009
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by clad View Post
      I dont think so !

      I saw that piece of crap (GHAMDI) few weeks ago but If he was a puppet of MUSH then I hate MUSH as much as I hate Ghamdi,

      Ghamdi was teaching a Mazhab Of Ghulam Ahmed Parwez

      They do not USE any Aalims Tashree any Hadith any Tafseer to Understand Quran Any one can make tashree by reading THE BOOK so I read the Quran with meanings and Make my own Tafseer .

      Munkir-e-Azab-e-Qabar ,

      Munkir-e-Hadith-e-Rasool

      Munkir-e-Sunat-e-Rasool

      Munkir-e-SHariat-e-Muhammad...
      That's pretty easy to label someone as a potential kafir without any evidence so that people don't listen to him.
      -That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

      www.pinchofdesign.com

    8. #8
      Very very senior member
      ----
       

      Captain1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10, 2004
      Posts
      38,784
      Blogs
      4
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by clad View Post
      I dont think so !

      I saw that piece of crap (GHAMDI) few weeks ago but If he was a puppet of MUSH then I hate MUSH as much as I hate Ghamdi,

      Ghamdi was teaching a Mazhab Of Ghulam Ahmed Parwez

      They do not USE any Aalims Tashree any Hadith any Tafseer to Understand Quran Any one can make tashree by reading THE BOOK so I read the Quran with meanings and Make my own Tafseer .

      Munkir-e-Azab-e-Qabar ,

      Munkir-e-Hadith-e-Rasool

      Munkir-e-Sunat-e-Rasool

      Munkir-e-SHariat-e-Muhammad

      Munkir of all the Sunni or Shiaa Imamz

      Munkir of etc etc
      If you want to know more about this Fitna read a book called AINA_E_PARWAZIAT
      How can you claim that Ghamdi doesn't believe in Sunna/Hadith etc? Atleast per his website he doesn't trash Ahadith/Sunnah as you are claiming http://www.al-mawrid.org/pages/about_us.php

    9. #9
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jul 10, 2002
      Posts
      8,690
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Maham View Post
      I don't know, you tell me?

      I personally don't think Ghamdi came out with a new version of Islam, it was just that his way of looking at it was different and perhaps relevant to this time and age. Hard for alot of people to accept but funnily enough what they follow in life is alot more 'modern' Islam and in some cases i am not sure even if its Islam at all.
      Following modern or western or more open minded life style is one thing, but altering Islam to fit one's satisfaction is another. We can be hypocrites for having more modern lifestyle and still want Islam to be in its purest form, but thats the way it is. Religion is flexible enough to accommodate modern needs, its just everyone want a fatwa these days 'can I do this and still be a good Muslim' and when an Alim gives ruling against it according to Sharia, we look at Ghamdi type of pseudo scholars for shelters.
      charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
      zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

    10. #10
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      psyah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4, 2007
      Posts
      10,753
      Blogs
      17
      Mentioned
      55 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)




      They look like cousins don't they? LOL

      I'm not actually impressed with what he has to say they are many flaws to his arguments. The reason why he is liked and I too admire him for this is:

      a) He keeps his cool - he has good manners and does not raise his voice and hence he come across as very sensible.

      b) People have lost the art of critical thinking, they will sooner accept someone for what they say because it is easier for them to accept or because they like him rather than analysing the truth in what is being said.

      however, for this reason he could more dangerous than the fanatical deviant speakers - because he has a sense of "niceness" about him.
      The Prophet(SAW) said:
      "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

    11. #11
      ------------> Yikes!!!
      Ecstatic
       

      COLD_FIRE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23, 2000
      Location
      In me Zone!
      Posts
      3,553
      Blogs
      76
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It's already been mentioned quite a few times already that there will be people who will try to ammend/conspire and reinvent different meanings of the Holy Quran and Ahadees-e-mubarika.

      Ghamdi for e.g....

      People are so much senseless these days, and buffoon's like ghamdi use it to their cause. Plus extra benifits from countries with hidden agendas. Aish kero khao peeyo.
      Seriously Allergic to dust, bull__t, Sheep & Lotas.

    12. #12
      Kisi Ka..
      ----
       

      diwana's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 31, 2008
      Location
      Best Place on Earth
      Posts
      13,388
      Blogs
      1
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by psyah View Post




      They look like cousins don't they? LOL

      I'm not actually impressed with what he has to say they are many flaws to his arguments. The reason why he is liked and I too admire him for this is:

      a) He keeps his cool - he has good manners and does not raise his voice and hence he come across as very sensible.

      b) People have lost the art of critical thinking, they will sooner accept someone for what they say because it is easier for them to accept or because they like him rather than analysing the truth in what is being said.

      however, for this reason he could more dangerous than the fanatical deviant speakers - because he has a sense of "niceness" about him.
      To add what you said, he and people like him just fill the gap much needed for those who could put some 'logic' to the religious affairs.

      Most religious scholars have not been able to understand themselves (not been taught the art of argument and logic) let alone they could calmly explain religious rulings etc. at the level of common people.

      There are people who accept anything when they are told : It is from God or the Prophet SAW.

      Many others want something more and then these kind of 'cool minded' 'moderate looking' people come and get fame.


      If someone has not studied religion, both kind of people easily can make that person believe what is not even religious. But these cool minded have stronger effect.
      Last edited by diwana; Sep 8th, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
      Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

    13. #13
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      Bulld0zer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14, 2009
      Location
      Abbottabad
      Posts
      1,009
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by diwana View Post
      Many others want something more and then these kind of 'cool minded' 'moderate looking' people come and get fame.
      Do you mean to say that: because he seems cool minded there must be something fishy ?
      -That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

      www.pinchofdesign.com

    14. #14
      waiting to be upgraded
      ----
       

      T1000's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 13, 2010
      Location
      Mississauga, Canada
      Posts
      3,119
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have seen only one program of him and the arguments that he gave for particular question was just BS.

      The question was is it OKAY for MEN to work in Women Beauty Parlour

      He gave some argument (don't remember exactly) and in the end he said .. YES now a days its okay. Then he added on top that the islam was revealed 1400 years ago and all these things were not there are that time. So we can not say islam has prohibited these things.

      I was like WTH .. .. islam is for all the time .. yesterday, today and tomorrow .. .. .. and we have our basic grounds .. .. no matter how advance the world could be.
      you are in love when you memorize her IP address to reduce DNS overhead!

    15. #15
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      hanibal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 15, 2007
      Posts
      10,617
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What is Islamic Modernism or Moderate Islam?
      Ban - Aamir Liaqat, Mubashar Luqman and Morning Shows for good on all channels

    16. #16
      Unavailabletationalist
      ----
       

      Aceones!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22, 2002
      Location
      Dubai
      Posts
      8,429
      Blogs
      20
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Gamdi fans, please go through these detailed rebuttals of this man before you start following him...

      http://khatm-e-nubuwwat.org/Mojooda%...tnaGamdi/Fitna Gamdi.zip

      http://khatm-e-nubuwwat.org/Mojooda%...azhabKyaHy.zip

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/27257764/J...Muhammad-Rafiq

      http://www.tanzeem.org/online/ebooks...amidi/main.asp


      I can understand why our "enlightened moderation" party and some of those who are against "the four schools of fiqh", are all for ghamdi, but i believe a lot of people fell in his (and others like him) trap just because they have been a bit detached with their religion in recent years or so. I'm sure if you read the above (which is quite detailed and quotes mr ghamdi's own books and clearly explains why he's wrong) you will be able to see the real face of this guy
      Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

    17. #17
      Unavailabletationalist
      ----
       

      Aceones!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22, 2002
      Location
      Dubai
      Posts
      8,429
      Blogs
      20
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain1 View Post
      How can you claim that Ghamdi doesn't believe in Sunna/Hadith etc? Atleast per his website he doesn't trash Ahadith/Sunnah as you are claiming http://www.al-mawrid.org/pages/about_us.php
      yes he does not dare directly reject Ahadith and Sunnah, but read the links i posted above, and you will find out his way around this...
      Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

    18. #18
      Junior Member
      ----
       

      takhalus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30, 2008
      Posts
      67
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      he is still on TV he does shows for PTV, but was out of the country for a bit after being threatened by the taliban
      There are times that walk from you like some passing afternoon

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast