Results 1 to 7 of 7
- Oct 24th, 2011, 02:33 AM #1
In Q&A thread, questions were asked about the numbers of Makki & Madani Surahs and total verses in Qur'an. Asnwers were different as under:-
Makki Surahs= 86 and 77
Madani Surahs= 28 and 37
Total verses in Quran= 6666 and 6236.
What is the correct number of
1- Makki Surahs?
2- Madani Surahs? and
Total verse in Qur'an?Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it
- Oct 24th, 2011, 03:02 AM #2
verses: 6348 (including bismillah in the beginning of surahs as part of the holy Quran)
Surah-e- Fatiah has six verses other than bismillah and is called 'oft-repeated seven verses')
- Oct 24th, 2011, 03:07 AM #3
What about Makki & Madani Surahs?Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it
- Oct 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM #4
don't know about them. will let you know if I found out.
- Oct 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM #5
Well some says there such such number of makki/madani surahs and such such number of total verses. Just wanna know on what majority agreed.Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it
- Oct 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM #6
I found this and as per numbers of 86 Makki and 28 Madani Surahs are correct.
Following are some characteristics of Makki verses , No 7 and 8 are stylistic characteristics, and the last 4 are content and subject characteristics:
1. Any chapter that has a verse that commands to prostrate to Allah (آيات السجدة) is Makki, except chapters 13 and 22.
2. Any chapter that contains the word kalla كلا (never) is Makki, and are found only in the second half of the Qur'an.
3. Any chapter that has the phrase ياأيها الناس O Mankind, but does not have the phrase يأيها اللذين آمنوا O you who believe is Makki, except chapter 22.
4. All chapters that start with initial letters الحروف المقطعة are Makki, except chapters 2,3 and 13.
5. Any chapter that relates the story of Adam and Iblis (i.e., Satan) is Makki, except chapter 2.
6. Any chapter that relates the stories of previous prophets and their people is Makki, except chapter 2.
7. Short verses, and strong rhetorical style and rythmic sound.
8. Repeated use of emphasis, exhortation, analogies and oath.
9. Emphasis on the beleif in Allah, the Day of Judgement and description of Hell and Heaven (paradise).
10. Call for adherence to good moral and universal characters like truthfullness, kindness to relatives, old and neighbour, etc.
11. Argument with the polytheists and refutation of their associating partners with Allah.
12. Warning the polytheists through stories of previous messengers when punishment came to thier people when they rejected their message.
Following are some of the stylistic and subject characteristics of Madani suras:
1. Mention of 'Jihad' and detailing on its rulings.
2. Details of Islamic jurispudence and legal system as well as laws governing family, money transaction, international law and acts of worship
3. Mention of 'hypocracy' and dealing with hypocrates.
4. Any verse that starts with يا أيها للذين آمنوا O you who believe
5. Long verses
6. Easy vocabulary
7. Arguments with the 'people of the Book' i.e., Jews and Christians.You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.Dr. Seuss
- Oct 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM #7
visitors found this page by using these recent terms: how many madani surah in quran, makki and madani surahs in quran, total number of makki surahs, total makki and madani surahs, names of makki and madani surahs, how many makki and madani surah in quran, http:www.paklinks.comgsreligion-and-scripture525741-makki-and-madani-surahs-total-verses-of-quran.html, number of madani surahs, makki and madani surahs list, total surahs in quran, makki surahs list, how many makki surahs are there in quran, total surah in quran, list of makki and madani surahs, total verses of quran, madani surahs in quran, makki surah, madani surah and makki surah, number of makki surahs in quran, makki surahs, makki surahs and madani surahs, how many makki and madani surahs in quran, total makki surah in quran, total surah in holy quran, characteristics of makki and madani surahs