• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • User Tag List

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 18 of 23
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have heard some rumors that she died of AIDS and was amongst the first cases in Pakistan. As there was no awareness at that time, people termed her death as from cancer. There are, however, some people that addressed this issue at the time. Ishtiaq Ahmed was quite famous among teenagers -- especially the typical Islamic-minded types -- at that time and he published a mini book called "Tahira Naqvi ki kahani". Plz give me some more information in this regard.

    2. #2
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      zero~zero~seven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16, 2006
      Location
      beyond the stars
      Posts
      5,950
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      r u talking abt this lady?





      yes, there are rumours, but who knows or cares now??

      n y r u so curious btw?
      " ایمان، اتحاد، تنظیم "

    3. #3
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by zero~zero~seven View Post
      r u talking abt this lady?





      yes, there are rumours, but who knows or cares now??

      n y r u so curious btw?
      Yeah, the same lady. I am curious because I got hold of an old Ishtiaq Ahmed novel after a long time and there was a mention of that book. That's really an interesting thing that an established TV actress in Pakistan was one of the first victims of AIDS. I am really interested in the rumors it created during those times and reactions. There must be some people who are aware of all the episode like 'arjay' and others.
      Babar99 likes this.

    4. #4
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Also I'm trying to find that book of Ishtiaq Ahmed regarding Tahira but no success yet.

    5. #5
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      zero~zero~seven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16, 2006
      Location
      beyond the stars
      Posts
      5,950
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      u r right... there are various people for sure who can remove your thirst abt the incident...

      On a 2nd note, u can search on web by elaborating different terms in the search engines..

      oh well... I was also a keen reader of Ishtiaq Ahmed ages ago. Do u know something update about him? How old is he now or....................?
      " ایمان، اتحاد، تنظیم "

    6. #6
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by zero~zero~seven View Post
      u r right... there are various people for sure who can remove your thirst abt the incident...

      On a 2nd note, u can search on web by elaborating different terms in the search engines..

      oh well... I was also a keen reader of Ishtiaq Ahmed ages ago. Do u know something update about him? How old is he now or....................?
      I was not an Ishtiaq Ahmed fan really but my cousin was so I read a couple of his novels. I really don't know about his current whereabouts but will surely ask my cousin.

    7. #7
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      zero~zero~seven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16, 2006
      Location
      beyond the stars
      Posts
      5,950
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      will be waiting
      " ایمان، اتحاد، تنظیم "

    8. #8
      Banned
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jan 28, 2007
      Posts
      1,605
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Sheyraz View Post
      Yeah, the same lady. I am curious because I got hold of an old Ishtiaq Ahmed novel after a long time and there was a mention of that book. That's really an interesting thing that an established TV actress in Pakistan was one of the first victims of AIDS. I am really interested in the rumors it created during those times and reactions. There must be some people who are aware of all the episode like 'arjay' and others.
      Interesting! Waiting for more detail.

    9. #9
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by zero~zero~seven View Post
      will be waiting
      Well I was unable to get hold of my cousin

      As per Wiki, he is alive and publishing some Islamic type mag.

      Ishtiaq Ahmad (writer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      I guess he was supported by the Zia regime as he was at his peak of popularity then. The dawn of democracy and dish antenna/cable culture and then Internet killed his popularity. That might be the reason that he is now living an obscure life.

    10. #10
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      zero~zero~seven's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16, 2006
      Location
      beyond the stars
      Posts
      5,950
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      great ... thx for the link

      I really jumped in the past for few minutes after looking at those novels names, written by him. I had read several of them and have still few missions in my memory....



      back to topic: Did u find something abt her? :aq:
      " ایمان، اتحاد، تنظیم "

    11. #11
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by zero~zero~seven View Post
      great ... thx for the link

      I really jumped in the past for few minutes after looking at those novels names, written by him. I had read several of them and have still few missions in my memory....



      back to topic: Did u find something abt her? :aq:
      Of course not. That's why am asking for help.

    12. #12
      Chakkar
      ----
       

      PyariCgudia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28, 2001
      Location
      A pigeon hole + Living Room
      Posts
      29,148
      Blogs
      2800
      Mentioned
      15 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What exactly are you looking for? Steamy hot stories of extra marital affairs or something. Lady died of a bad disease. Leave her alone.

    13. #13
      Junior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2009
      Posts
      32
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PyariCgudia View Post
      What exactly are you looking for? Steamy hot stories of extra marital affairs or something. Lady died of a bad disease. Leave her alone.
      Because she was a famous actress and probably the first AIDS case in Pakistan. You just can't understand the importance of this phenomenon. I don't care about her private life but just wanna confirm her HIV status.

    14. #14
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      aramis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 4, 2008
      Posts
      1,048
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      i heard she died of leukemia. i still remember they posted a picture of her daughter kissing her . made me very sad.
      what good is a grudge if you cannot hold onto it.

    15. #15
      Senior Member
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Oct 27, 2005
      Posts
      2,082
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      can someone please tell us more about who this lady was? an actress?

    16. #16
      Banned
      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jan 28, 2007
      Posts
      1,605
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by aramis View Post
      i heard she died of leukemia. i still remember they posted a picture of her daughter kissing her . made me very sad.
      She had a daughter also?? Give some more information about her. I donot know much about her. I only saw her in Waris and some Ashfaq Ahmed plays.

    17. #17
      Giddyup
      ----
       

      Robert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 13, 2001
      Posts
      1,878
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      May be Ishtiaq ahmed just wanted to make money off the dead.
      She is gone and can't defend herself now, may be what she got, was really blood cancer.
      But Ishtiaq ahmed got a golden opportunity as a result, to speak bad about a person on her back (since she is no more).
      May be continue to discuss this issue, just makes us part of Ishtiaq Ahmed's sins.
      May got bless her soul.

    18. #18
      TLK
      TLK is offline
      The Last Kryptonian
      ----
       

      TLK's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2, 2007
      Posts
      50,315
      Blogs
      352
      Mentioned
      90 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      and even if she died of HIV, how do we know that it was because of Sex, could be blood transfusion or something ..
      My father believed that if the world found out who I really was they'd reject me out of fear.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast