Results 181 to 198 of 230
- Oct 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM #181
- Oct 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM #182----
- Join Date
- Oct 7, 2008
Rhim Jhiim and Jabeens are owned by the same people, Ive ordered my Shadi dress from Jabeens and Valima lehnga from Rhim Jhiim ...Both r quite expensive but i lovvve their work..For my shadi lehnga jabeens quote me 110 pk rps and Rhim Jhim quote me 160 pk rps,Their quality of work is amaazzing
i went to both jabeens and rhim jhim in august and Inshallah iam gettin my lehngas by the end of december....Cant wait
- Oct 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM #183
Mahi can you provide the same info but for Karachi?
- Oct 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM #184
You are most welcome, zimzimma.
llxxll, I have posted the info about Karachi here many times. Let me dig it up for you."We can change the world through our children. May we never break the strong spirits of our daughters. May we teach our sons to become loving and nurturing men. In so doing, we hold the key to universal peace, unlock the door!"
- Oct 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM #185
^^it would be greatly appreciated if you do dig it up for me
- Oct 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM #186
Ok, digging done on request and here is what I have been posting for ages about Karachi:
* For good karigars try Kehkashan and Gulf. Both are pretty huge areas laden with tailors sitting there with there piles of bridal magazines, copying designs from every known designer in Pakistan. Almost everyone is good there. Make sure that you explain each and everything to them.
* I don't remember the name but there is a shop in the inner lanes of Gulf that has some lovely Karma and Maria B. designs that were originally Rs. 1,00,000 plus and the karigar quoted Rs. 20,000 plus. The work was really fine but they don't bargain.
* Kehkashan market, is across the road from Uzma shopping center in Clifton. Not exactly opposite Gulf but a bit ahead. Go to a shop named 'Designers' at Kehkashan as they are well-known for their stuff. The quality of work there is really good and closest to the originals we see every day. Remember, the prices are a bit steep, not ridiculous like the originals but affordable for those for have a starting range of Rs.8,000 - Rs.12,000. That is indeed a 'Designer Copy Dream place.'
* You can also order formals from PLK, Tariq Road. I gave them my own fabric and they did the kaam. Again the quality of the work was really fine and I was happy with the result. They have loads of samples and you have to keep looking at the outfits to sort out the kaam you like. They also provides matching shoes and pouches/bags alongwith their bridals. I didn't ask whether they do that with their formals. You can also show them your design and they will make it as it is. BTW, their formals start from Rs. 10,000. Negotiate and bargain all you can. Ask for Farhan if you want to order.
* A shop called NOOR zari centre on 1st floor Rabi centre Tariq road has very good work. Show the owner your designs and he'll make it for you with or without your fabric. His max price was around Rs. 20,000. I gave him my own fabric so each outfit cost me around Rs. 4,000. He does amazing sarees too. I showed him a sari that someone bought for Rs. 26,000 and he told me that he could replicate it for Rs. 7,000. I am thinking about ordering a few of my own.
The good thing about this one is that the owner takes care of everyting himself from dress material, colour, kaam everything At Gulf you have to be really standing on the kaarigar's head so that he doesn't ruin your expensive material.
* Jabeens at Tariq Road, Shakeel's at Saima Center, Makkah Cloth house at Rabi Center and Bridal creations at Dolmen Mall Tariq Road are equally good. They mostly have made to order stuff but also have unstitched formal suits that you'll love.
* Also, visit 'Mohsins' at Saima Center, Tariq Road for formal outfits. Haven't ordered from Mohsin but have seen their work. It is awesome! The outfits had fab kaam on them and they were priced from Rs. 10,000 and onwards for formals. I loved an outfit that was priced at Rs. 18,000 and he said that if I provide my fabric he'll do the same kaam in co-ordinating colours for Rs. 9,000. Still on the expensive side but I really liked the finishing and sparkle of the outfits. They have ready-to-wear outfits and made-to-order ones, too.
* I also know a home-based designer who can make any copies. Her name is 'Fatima Aunty' and her contact # is 021-6348210.
* Many of the talented GS designers are based in Karachi, so you can have a look at their collection, too esp. SairaJi and Cyma.
* Check out the shops at Gulf for silver gold plated jewellery. The ones I checked out had the nicest collection esp. 'Zevar' and 'Gehna'. There are other, too. I think you can get smallish sets for Rs. 10,000 and pendant sets for Rs. 5000-7000. For bigger sets, they can charge you anywhere from Rs. 25-50,000. I really recommend 'Zevar'.
Please browse these as well:
Hope this helps."We can change the world through our children. May we never break the strong spirits of our daughters. May we teach our sons to become loving and nurturing men. In so doing, we hold the key to universal peace, unlock the door!"
- Oct 17th, 2009, 10:00 PM #187
you have been an immense help thank you so so much
- Oct 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM #188
You are most welcome."We can change the world through our children. May we never break the strong spirits of our daughters. May we teach our sons to become loving and nurturing men. In so doing, we hold the key to universal peace, unlock the door!"
- Oct 29th, 2009, 06:06 AM #189----
- Join Date
- Oct 28, 2009
- Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:02 AM #190----
- Join Date
- Nov 9, 2009
this is my first reply to a thread,as i recently signed up!
first of all,u cant imagine how helpful all these wedding shoppping threads have been!everytime i googled smething,a GUPSHUP thread wud be there and i cant put in to words how useful the tips have been! thankyou!
i have my wedding coming up in march 2010 inshallah..and i was really confused abt where to gte the brdal gharara made from,and finally opted for PLK,as it was highly recommdned by many frnds and so many ppl here on gupshup! so i have FINALLY even placed the order for a gharara there!phewww!!what a load off my chest!
i just wanted to ask one thing,though its a bit LATE for it
9cause it really dyed n all) :S :S...but..the cloth materail that they use at PLK,how good is it? i mean they showed the the materail and i liked it..its jamawar for gharara and shirt and chiffon for dupatta..i was just wondering,how reliable is their cloth?
i just thot buying the lcoth myself and then giving it wud be such a hassle! and i think mostly ppl let the bridal ppl use their own cloth...right? ..
any in put on this wud ba appreciated!
- Nov 27th, 2009, 03:41 AM #191
Congratulations on your wedding, drfato!
PLK's cloth quality is good. They use the same material that they show when the customer is choosing the outfit. People do bring in their own fabric, too but I think it is a great hassle if you have no idea about how many meters to buy for a particular outfit. PLK is a very reliable source for great designs that are customizable.
Where are you shopping for the formal outfits?
- Nov 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM #192
I recieved my wedding gharara and a light sharara from Jabeen's finally. Just 9 days late The sharara is beautiful, perfect kaam and perfect fitting. I got it for 25000. My gharara fits good as well but I realize I ordered the shirt a couple inches too long I guess it can't be altered now. and the kaam is heavy and the layers keep getting stuck to each other. The kora/dabka is coming loose in a very few places. But everyone says thats normal for such a heavy gharara..
- Nov 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM #193
Oh, congratulations on receiving the outfits! You can finally breathe easy now.
Do't worry about the length, it'll be okay with the trend going on nowadays. The price s great, too. The sticking of layers and the loose kora/dabka is normal for a heavy outfit. You can't help that. The kaam on the sleeves sometimes gets stuck to the sides of shirt and the threads snag there.
- Nov 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM #194----
- Join Date
- Nov 24, 2009
eid mubarak to all
- Nov 28th, 2009, 07:35 AM #195
Yeah definitely breathing easier
Yeah the sleeves were getting stuck too. It's so hard to take a heavy kaam wali shirt off! Anyway..
Now I just have makeup to buy. The other stuff left will be taken care of by my parents iA. Alhamdullillah we didn't have to arrange any jehez.
- Nov 28th, 2009, 08:14 AM #196
Go to Naheed Supermarket if you need to buy makeup in Karachi.
What about the shoes? Did you get them?
- Nov 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM #197
The wedding shoes you mean? Yup, i got golden sandals! No stones, just lots of stylish straps across my toes and around my ankle.. I got em from Walkeaze for 700 rs only.. They're pretty comfy too.
And yeah, Naheed or Agha's is where I will head Also The Body Shop. JazakAllah!
- Dec 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM #198----
- Join Date
- Nov 9, 2009
Thankyou mahi!!phew! wat a relief to hear that!!i have been having second thots ,but now am just letting goooooooooo!!gotta have some faith,right! otherwise all bride to be's would go insane ..
For my formal stuff i took advice from ur discussions..as per advice from friends,i am not getting too many clothes made,as they said that fashions change and u get tired of the old clothes,even if u never wore them! so am just getting 10 joras (am saying JUST,because ppl do buy LOT more than that),and 4 saris..
i got most of my cloth materail from hilal silk,as mom said that since am buying just a few,shud get the perfect material..and getting kaam done from kehkashaan..got a couple already done and kehkashan is just great,they have so many deisgns that u can choose from..though i still dont have a PAKKA kaam wala there,i got both done from different ppl..any ONE in partcular that i shud go to? ..
also i was wondering if i shud go visit SALEEM FABRICS..i hear they have good
semi formal clothes for evening wear and chiffons?? ..
u guys are suuuuuuuch great help!!!!*huggzzz*!!!!!
visitors found this page by using these recent terms: rimjhim boutique karachi, kehkasha bridal lehenge, bridal creations karachi, plk bridal, stiletto shoes karachi tariq road, gulf shopping mall karachi, mayoon dresses, plk karachi, mayoon dress, best shoes in karachi, jama cloth karachi, riwaj boutique karachi, plk boutique, walkeaze shoes karachi, plk dresses, plk bridal dresses, rimjhim boutique clifton, plk bahadurabad, rimjhim bridal dress, boutiques in lahore, jabeens boutique in karachi, jabeens boutique karachi, rim jhim bridal karachi, wedding dresses in karachi, plk bridal collection